FAQ: answers to frequently asked questions - Yes Energy


FAQ: answers to frequently asked questions

Why should I switch to yes energy?

We are a company with exclusively Portuguese capital and we present ourselves in the liberalized electricity market with the mission of providing more attractive energy prices, through tariffs and personalized plans, thus allowing a real savings to all consumers.

A domestic consumer will experience a reduction in the household budget of the cost of electricity, while a consumer of commerce or industry will make their product more competitive, through the effective reduction of their production cost.

Join now and start saving now.

I cannot access my client area. What do I do?

Check that you have correctly entered your taxpayer number and password.

Forgot your password?
You can try to recover your password using this link

What should I know about sending readings and my billing?

The readings must be communicated only once, for each period of 30 days, according to the periods indicated in the Yes Energy Client Area.

Invoices may be generated based on estimated amounts in the following cases:

• Sending of readings by the customer, outside the due period;
• The client does not send readings or visits to collect Readings by the ORD.

The usual billing cycle may be interrupted in the following cases:

• Amendments to the electricity supply contract;
• Electricity supply cut-off;
• Interventions at the accountant level by the ORD.

What is the Social Tariff on Energy Supply?

Pursuant to Order No. 5138-A / 2016, of April 14, the Social Electricity Tariff results from the application of a discount on the tariff for access to low voltage electricity networks, which makes up the final price billed to the customer of electricity.

What are the necessary requirements to benefit from the Social Tariff?

According to Decree-Law No. 138-A / 2010, of 28 December, and Decree-Law No. 102/2011, of 30 September, both as amended by Decree-Law 172/2014 of 14 November, the necessary requirements to benefit from the Social Electricity Tariff are:

1) Be a beneficiary of one of the social benefits described below:
· Solidarity supplement for the elderly;
· Social Insertion Income;
· Social Unemployment Allowance;
· Family allowance;
· Social Disability Pension;
· Old Age Social Pension.

2) The Client must receive an annual income lower than the Rendimento Anual Máximo (RAM), defined under the terms of Decree-Law no. 138-A / 2010, of 28 December.

3) Have an electric power supply contract, with Contracted Power less than or equal to 6.9kVA.

4) Be the holder of an electricity supply contract, the consumption of which is intended exclusively for domestic use.

How is the right to the Social Tariff attributed?

Final customers entitled to the social tariff will be sent a communication, informing that they have been granted the right to the social tariff. If the customer does not agree with this assignment, he can object within 30 days. If you say nothing, you are entitled to the social tariff.Alternatively, the beneficiary can also request from the competent social security institutions and the Tax and Customs Authority a proof of his status as a beneficiary and present it to the electricity supplier.

The Directorate-General for Energy and Geology is responsible for setting the number of end customers who benefit from the social tariff, under the terms of the protocol to be defined by the members of the Government responsible for the areas of finance, social security and energy.

For this purpose, the electricity traders forward to the Directorate-General for Energy and Geology the information necessary to identify the holders of electricity supply contracts.

What is the duration of the condition of beneficiary of the Social Tariff?

The maintenance of the social tariff depends on the confirmation, by the General Directorate of Energy and Geology, in September of each year, of the condition of economically vulnerable end customer.

The beneficiary who fails to meet the social tariff allocation requirements must communicate it to the competent social security institutions within 30 days.

Who applies the discount associated with the Social Tariff?

The application of the discount associated with the social tariff to economically vulnerable customers is the responsibility of the respective traders.
The discount, which is levied on the network access tariff, is calculated by ERSE, under the terms set out in the Tariff Regulation.

What to do in case of consumer dispute?

In the event of a consumer dispute, defined under the terms of Law no. 144/2015, of 8 September, the consumer may resort to an Alternative Consumer Dispute Resolution Entity with competence at the place of his domicile or, in in case of non-existence, you can alternatively resort to the National Center for Information and Arbitration of Consumer Conflicts, located in Lisbon, with the electronic address cniacc@unl.pt and available on the website www.arbitragemdeconsumo.org..


This information does not preclude consultation with Law No. 144/2015, of 8 September and Regulation (EU) No. 524/2013, of the European Parliament and of the Council, of 21 May 2013.

In the case of consumer disputes, which entities are responsible for the alternative resolution of consumer disputes, which can the Client resort to?

Centro Nacional de Informação e Arbitragem de Conflitos de Consumo

Centro de Informação, Mediação e Arbitragem de Consumo do Algarve

Centro de Arbitragem de Conflitos de Consumo do Distrito de Coimbra

Centro de Arbitragem de Conflitos de Consumo de Lisboa

Centro de Informação, de Consumo e Arbitragem do Porto

Centro de Arbitragem de Conflitos de Consumo do Vale do Ave/Tribunal Arbitral

Centro de Informação, Mediação e Arbitragem de Consumo / Tribunal Arbitral de Consumo de Braga e Viana do Castelo

Entidade Reguladora dos Serviços Energéticos

More informations at the Portal do Consumidor:

What are the discounts associated with the Social Tariff?

See our website in the Useful Information Menu, our Price List, or alternatively click here.

Which entities can provide clarification on the Social Tariff?

Entidade Reguladora dos Serviços Energéticos (ERSE)

Segurança Social

Direção Geral de Energia e Geologia (DGEG)

How can I register a request for clarification or a complaint?

If you are our Customer:
Through Yes Energy's Client Area in Messages;
Through the online complaints book at www.livroreclamacoes.pt.

If you are not our customer:
Through the respective form on the Contacts page.

What are Regulated Rates?

For more information on Regulated Rates see the information available on the ERSE website.

How can I change the IBAN / SWIFT for direct debit purposes?

1) You must access the Yes Energy Client Area > Contracts Menu > CHANGE IBAN
2) Register the New IBAN and SWIFT
3) Upload IBAN Proof (Max. size 4 MB)
4) Submit for Validation

How can I change E-Mail Billing?

1) You must access the Yes Energy > Invoices Menu > CHANGE BILLING EMAIL
2) Register the New Billing E-mail and/or Alternative Billing E-mail
3) Submit

Cookies are used to help the website work properly and improve your browsing experience.
Click on "Accept Cookies" to proceed. Thank you for trusting us.



Do you have production unit? Know More
Sell your surplus production. Know More
Sell the energy you don't spend Know More
join us now!
We'll call
you soon
Thank You
call me please